Last modified: April 2, 2021
M.C. Dean, Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information M.C. Dean (‘we”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.mcdean.com (our “Website”), or any of M.C. Dean’s other websites, our affiliate websites, or elsewhere, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website
Children Under the Age of 16
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete the information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Indirectly from you.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or vendors.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Other personal information
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the website.
- Commercial information, such as records of personal property, services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric information, such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as other physical patterns, and health, location or exercise data.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Sensory data, such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs that permit the company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics. For example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- To provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any law enforcement request, court order, law, government regulation, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or to conduct internal investigations and reviews as appropriate
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of M.C. Dean, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see California Privacy Rights for more information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
Electronic Mail sent to us that contains personal information
Internet users may decide to send M.C. Dean personally identifying information, for example, in a message containing information about your M. C. Dean service. We will only use this information to identify the user as an M. C. Dean customer and to determine how to respond to the electronic mail. We will not use this information other than to resolve the matter identified in the email.
M.C. Dean, Inc.
1765 Greensboro Station Place
Tysons, VA 22102
Copyright © 2022 M.C. Dean, Inc. All rights reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on this site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of M.C. Dean, Inc. its affiliated companies and its licensors. M.C. Dean owns the copyrights in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the materials on this site. These materials may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other sites.