Interested in starting a career as a licensed electrician while working on exciting, high profile, state-of-the-art projects? Looking for the perfect career? Look no further! Consider an electrical career with M.C. Dean, a renowned leader in electrical, communications, and security systems engineering. Come and grow with us!
M.C. Dean's Electrical Apprenticeship program provides an opportunity to learn electricity with unparalleled training in order to become a licensed electrician (Journeyman) in just four short years.
The program uniquely combines classroom instruction with on-the-job training. Classroom instruction gives you a solid foundation to begin an electrical career and on-the-job training provides you with hands on "real world" experience. As a result, you could be on your way to a very exciting and rewarding career in no time!
- 4 year program
- Wages start at $10.00 and go as high as $19.00 per hour based on area, vocational schooling, grades and attendance or experience level.
- Minimum $0.50 increase in pay every six months (working 40 hours per week on the job or 2,000 hours per year.)
- 600 hours (150/year) of classroom instruction
- The opportunity to take the Journeyman’s exam in 4th year of program
- Must be at least 18 years of age (Applications will be accepted prior, so apply early!)
- High school diploma or GED (Applications will be accepted prior, so apply early!)
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation
- An interest in an electrical career
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the electrical trade
- Have a positive attitude
M.C. Dean offers a topnotch benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vacation/sick leave, 401k, life insurance, paid holidays, job security and advancement.
M.C. Dean supports the growth of the electrical trade by actively participating in the Virginia, Washington, D.C., and Maryland Electrical Apprenticeship Programs.
Interested? Apply now.
M.C. Dean strives to maintain a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled VEVRAA Contractor