What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your devices, such as a computer, tablet or mobile, when you are browsing the Internet and websites. A cookie tracks and stores a wide range of information about your use of the website.
You can easily adjust the settings of your browser to control the activation or deactivation of cookies. By proceeding beyond this page, you are consenting to our cookie and data storage settings. Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact your user experience and prevent you from using certain parts of our websites.
1. Collection and storage of personal data and its usage – For potential future employment relationship
M.C. Dean will collect and use your personal information.
- First and last name
- Valid e-mail address
- Home address
- Telephone number (either landline or mobile)
- Fax number, if applicable
- Prior work experience and education background, which is necessary and relevant in the application and hiring process
M.C. Dean is collecting the above information for the following purposes:
- to evaluate your knowledge and skills
- to determine your work classification, duty description, and position in the organization
- to correspond with you
The processing of the personal data is allowed as mentioned in Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 b) from the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in effect since May 25, 2018, throughout the European Union, because it is required for the proper administration and execution of your application for employment.
The personal data collected for these purposes is retained until the application period expires and then removed unless an employment relationship results or if you provide the permission for retention as mentioned in GDPR Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 a).
Should an offer be extended to you, resulting in employment, the personal data collected is retained until the statutory retention term expires i.e. ten years after the end of the calendar year in which the employment relationship ends. The data will be deleted after the statutory retention term expires unless it is required for an additional period of time due to tax or other German/European Union legal or regulatory requirements or if you authorize a longer retention period, per GDPR Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 a).
2. Sharing personal data with third parties – Only for employees
A transfer of your personal data to third parties will not take place, except in the below situations.
In accordance with GDPR Article 6, Paragraph 1, Sentence 1 b) transfer of personal data to third parties is necessary for the employment relationship. We will provide your personal data to third parties but only those which perform required services like the payroll and tax withholding, health insurers, workers compensation fund, pension plan service providers, etc. as well as the companies M.C. Dean Europe GmbH, M.C. Dean Systems GmbH and M.C. Dean, Inc. to support the proper administration of your employment relationship. The data provided to these third parties may only be used for these purposes.
M.C. Dean may share your personal information with Taleo, cloud-based talent management software, as required for recruitment, background check, employment, and corporate governance. M.C. Dean requires Taleo to keep your personal information confidential.
3. Rights concerning personal data processed by M.C. Dean, Inc.
- Your authorization to M.C. Dean, Inc. to store and process your personal data can be revoked at any time (GDPR Article 7 Paragraph 3);
- You have the right to be informed about how we use your personal data, particularly the processing purposes, the type of personal data processed, the categories of the recipients of your data, the planned storage term of the data, your right to require the deletion of the data or restrictions on its use, the origin of the data, and any automated decision making process, such as profiling and details about these processes (GDPR Article 15);
- You request the correction or completion of incorrect elements of your personal data (GDPR Article 16);
- You may request the deletion of your stored personal data as long as the free exchange of opinion and information, the fulfillment of regulatory obligations and public interests do not require its retention (GDPR Article 17);
- You may request the limitation of the processing of your personal data if you have concerns about the correctness and completeness of the data or the proper processing of the data, and if you decline to remove, and if the data is no longer needed (GDPR Article 18);
- You may request to receive your personal data in a conventional, structured, and usable format or to transmit the data to another responsible party (GDPR Article 20);
- You have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities – this can usually be accomplished at your local place of employment (GDPR Article 77).
You have the right in accordance with GDPR Article 21 to recall your authorization for the processing of your personal data otherwise authorized by GDPR Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 f) if details in your particular situation require this.
You can recall your authorization via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have provided to us, besides your own personal data, personal data of third parties (co-insured persons, co-account holders), please provide this memorandum of information to these persons too.
Below is the contact information of responsible party and personal data protection representative.
Responsible party: M.C. Dean, Inc, M.C. Dean Europe GmbH. M.C. Dean Systems GmbH, M.C. Dean, Inc. German branch Eichwiesenring 2, 70567
E-mail: email@example.com Telefon: 0711/84950-0 Telefax: 0711/22086766
Our personal data protection representative for M.C. Dean Europe GmbH, M.C. Dean Systems GmbH, and M.C. Dean, Inc. German branch can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.